Monday, August 9, 2010

Mandu 만두

Korean Dumplings - I finally made them.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to attempt one of my favorite meals (seriously, ask me what I feel like for dinner and 9 times out of 10 I'll say "Mandu!!").  Maybe it's because it is such an inexpensive meal at any kimbap shop (only about $3), or I thought it would be too complicated and time consuming.  Well, not the case at all!  It only took about an hour to prepare and it was super easy.  Now we have ten expedient meals in the freezer ready to eat (let's be honest, they'll probably be gone within a few days).  We got all of the ingredients for 50 mando-sized, pork and beef-filled, mandu for about 20,000 won - good deal for us!  I followed Maangchi's recipe almost to a T, although her mandu is much prettier - I guess I need more practice.  If you're interested in cooking Korean food, this is a really good site.  She has tons of recipes and videos to help out. 




After cooking them with some oil and water in a pan for about four minutes, we enjoyed our very first homemade mandu!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! It looks so pretty. I might give it a try.
Mom G

Michael Haws said...

Look delish!! You didn't let that Harry Gilmore guy have any did you?????

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the use of the squishy bowls! Very resourceful.