Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lauren's 26th

August 19th is certainly a special day for me. I wanted to post this letter on Lauren's birthday, but figured I would wait until I had some birthday pictures to go with it.

An open letter to Mr. and Mrs. Gilmore,

Thank you. God trusted you two to raise Lauren up to be an amazing woman. You guys took on that task and gave her the opportunity to become the woman she is today. I couldn't be more thankful! I look forward to celebrating her birthday every year for the rest of my life.

Love, Christopher


On August 18th the kindergarteners piled into my room asking what Lauren's favorite fruit was...ashamed I wasn't sure.  I guessed and told them strawberries, peaches, and kiwis were the fruits she really loved.  Then they rushed off.  I figured they were off to make a list of fruit gifts their mommy's needed to purchase.

Even better, this favorite fruit was supposed to be the topping on the cake they were making for her.  When we arrived at school on August 19th I found the kindergarteners like this...

When Lauren tried to come have a peak, there was quite a disturbance and she was promptly rushed back to her room and locked in it.


They didn't want her to ruin her surprise...


That afternoon we enjoyed this beautiful cake (well the children enjoyed it...the staff purchased a sanitary cake from the bakery for the adults) and had a little party.


3 comments:

Truth said...

How sweet. Made me cry.

bigJCfan said...

omg I'm dying, the kids locking you in the room, hahahaha! PRECIOUS!! so glad that if we couldn't be all together to celebrate, that it was quite the memorable birthday. :) love you both

Kathleen said...

Glad you guys figured out that you never, never, eat anything a child brings to school for you.