Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Running

Running has never been what you would call a "nice past-time" or "enjoyable acitivity" for me. It always seemed like a pain and a chore. Sprinting for short periods of time was an alright activity because usually there was a greater purpose (some sort of game/activity). Running for long distance for the sake of running though? Yuck...

My, how things change when you have an influential and skilled running wife. I recently began running (trying to keep up with) my wife. For the first few weeks it was painful and awful and I wanted to quit. With a little perseverance, gained patience (see dealing with Earth class on a daily basis for a boost in patience), and constant encouragement I have actually come to enjoy it!

With a little help from our Wonderful principal, we were able to sign up for a 5k in the north-western part of Seoul. A few weekends ago we ran the race and had a wonderful time running together.

5 comments:

Truth said...

That is awesome! No one here has ever enjoyed running. I think it has something to do with wanting to breathe. So glad you guys enjoyed it. What an experience.

Betty and Ed Haws said...

Running is a thing of the past for me. I did enjoy it though.Those were the good old days.

Michael Haws said...

From the look of the medals around your necks, it appears you must have won the race!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Love

Dad H

Elisabeth said...

Bah! you guys are crazy

Kathleen said...

Hurrah for the both of you. Keep pushing Lauren, it is such a healthy thing!
Love ya!