Sunday, March 28, 2010

Phantom of the Opera

It has been a few weeks since Valentine's Day, but that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy it to the fullest.

Lauren convinced me that Phantom of the Opera was a can't miss. We asked our boss, Ms. Grace, to do a little digging for us to see if the show was in English and if tickets were available. Good news/bad news, tickets were available, the show was entirely Korean...including the songs, haha!

We purchased them anyway and ended up being the only people in our section...for a Valentine's Day show.

The show, even in a foreign language, was absolutely fascinating. The music and theatrics were stunning. The opening scene is jaw-dropping. It was a great way to spend Valentine's Day in Seoul.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I wish there was a "like" button :)

Truth said...

That is so great. I'm surprised they did it in Korean. They don't translate other operas into English. Oh well, glad you had a good time. One of these days I'll have to see it too.

iya said...

Love this! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. True story: I met Lauren Gilmore Haws as she was trying to purchase Phantom tickets... in London.