Sunday, March 15, 2009

Is Having Favorites Allowed?

Koreans refer to Jupiter as the Wood Star based on the Chinese Five Elements that describe interactions and relationships in phenomena. Jupiter is considered to be at the "sprouting" phase of these interactions. I definitely see this "sprouting" constantly occurring in my favorite class at BIS, Jupiter.

Eight, wonderfully unique, 5 year olds make up this kindergarten class that I have quickly come to adore. After my first class with Jupiter, I went straight to Mr. Haws's classroom and told him to "watch out for Jupiter, I hate them." Since then, my whole perspective on the class has changed - I look forward to any time I get to spend with them and can't imagine not knowing their sweet personalities. Don't get me wrong, they are definitely a challenge but they are a challenge that I want to face head on. It has only been two weeks and I have already seen the "sprouting" taking place in them. They went from not being able to pronounce their English names correctly to enunciating every syllable perfectly, plus they now push in their chairs before leaving for breaktime...huge improvement!! I can't wait to see them "bloom" over the next few weeks and months.

I was able to get all of the children in one place for a picture but believe me, it was not easy. Can you guess who the biggest trouble maker is?

4 comments:

Two Laughing Birds said...

They are so cute Lauren, and congratulations! It sounds like you are doing great things with them. Gotta love the camera puncher! :) Oh and favorites are inevitable i think!

on a side note -- yes you are right, oh sake bombs. never a good place to end up after a beer fest. you can imagine the ride/walk home.

Truth said...

Ah, they are cute and I can definitely see some personality there.

I like the new look on your blog. That's a great pic of the two of you.

Kathleen said...

You are quickly learning the perks of teaching. Such adorable little ones with distinct personalities.

Unknown said...

Lauren, I'm so proud of you! Your kiddos are so blessed to have you as their teacher! They are SO precious :)