Saturday, March 21, 2009

Career Possibilities?

My husband is a wonderful teacher. It has been so amazing to watch Christopher develop his teaching style over the past three weeks. He was so nervous going into this job but I truly have seen him do a 180 to be completely comfortable in the classroom and with the students. The kids just light up whenever they see Mr. Haws – they gravitate towards his easy-going personality. Chris is able to grab their attention with humor and they couldn’t love it more. We’ve noticed that our students are very physical and are constantly offering hugs and wanting to hang on you and that’s exactly what they do to Chris. They love that Mr. Haws is a jungle gym that also makes them laugh. I have had to interrupt Chris’s classes on several occasions and every time it seems like he has the students’ full attention and they are really enjoying the lesson. Quite a few students have even told me that math with Mr. Haws is their favorite class and I could not be more proud. I know his teaching style is a little different than mine, well at least it is according to one third grader who said to me “you so contrast from Mr. Haws, you have very many, many laws.” Even though we’ve only been here just short of a month, I can tell that Christopher is great at teaching and I’m so excited to see how the rest of the year goes.

Cheers to Chris – you’re doing a great job!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you never thought that Communications Degree would come in so handy ehh?

Love

Dad (Haws)

Truth said...

What a lovely post Lauren. It is so encouraging to hear how the two of you complement one another in personality. What a great team you make!

As you mentioned Christopher having the makings of a great teacher, I think it also shows what a great dad he will be too.

And the comment from the third grader is hilarious. You both are doing a great job and thanks for keeping us updated on life in Korea.

Love you!

Kathleen said...

I always thought that Chris should go into teaching. I wonder why it never occured to him before?
Gram